In response to the demands from high school students, working adults, professional musicians and audio engineers who do not have the luxury of time or funds to take a long-term program of study, the College has made available a range of short-term courses for you to benefit from the ICOM education experience.
The ICOM Extension Program (IEP) is designed to enable you to come to campus to take a course after working hours, during the weekend, during the week or to study online at your own pace according to your schedule. Either way, the IEP provides you access to world-class education, synonymous with the ICOM brand. Each course is approved by the Ministry of Education and you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of your successful completion of each course.
If a course you are interested is not found in the listing below, please fill out the short survey slip to inform us of your needs and our team of faculty will work to ensure that it is available very shortly.
Our On-Campus short courses are designed to enable you to enrol for one or more courses during weekdays or weekends, during general office hours or after work hours to suit your schedule. These courses are approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and provide you with an opportunity to augment current knowledge and/or skills towards career advancement. Upon successful completion of a course, you will receive an original certificate of completion from the College.
This two-day hands-on course is designed to expand your knowledge of Public Address (PA) systems and to enhance your live sound mixing skills. You will learn to create high quality live sound mixes, and gain a clear understanding of the role played by the PA system, venue acoustics and the mix engineer. This course will add 12 CPD hours in your area of work for career advancement, promotions or expanded job roles within your current employment.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Select suitable PA systems for corporate events, concerts, festivals, competitions etc.
- Prepare and interpret equipment riders with standard industry terminology
- Setup and operate PA systems
- Apply appropriate mixing techniques to create high quality FOH and Monitor sound
- Apply digital workflow concepts to work efficiently with various digital mixers
Who Should Enroll?
- Hotel AV technicians
- Audio rental company technicians
- Broadcast sound technicians
- House of worship AV team members
- Recent graduates who wish to enhance their employability in live sound engineering