The Academic Dean is responsible to the President & CEO for the execution of strategies for growth with an aim of increasing student enrolment and developing new programs that strengthen the College’s profile. The Academic Dean will oversee and manage the budget and allocation resources of the academic department to maximize efficiency and results.
The Academic Dean must be a subject matter expert in the field of Contemporary Music and/or Music Technology with practical knowledge of academic and regulatory issues and ability to understand shifting trends in the education and music industry so as to advise the Management in making strategic academic and business decisions. The Academic Dean will contribute significantly to deliver the College’s 5-Year Institutional Objectives.
Central to the role of Academic Dean is that of an academic leader and in this role you will provide guidance and motivation to faculty members and staff in ensuring that the College gives its best for the future of students. This includes commitment and passion towards teaching and learning as well as collaborating with industry partners to establish a network of employers who will provide internship and future job opportunities.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Work with faculty, staff, and students to develop and oversee the certificate, diploma and undergraduate programs
- Work with the Management to advance the mission and objectives of the College
- Recommend the hiring, promotion, professional development, tenure and termination in the academic department
- Identify and develop new programs that will ensure sustainable growth in the College
- Establish collaborations and partnership with institutions of higher learning to support new program development
- Work with Admissions and Student Services department staff to recruit, retain and graduate students
- Work to establish industry partner network in terms of internship and employment for graduates, as well as work closely with industry partners to identify industry needs and develop academic programs to meet such needs
- Represent the College in the media as required and in student recruitment events, conferences, seminars, festivals, etc.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Music or Music Technology or Education Management or in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of related working experience at a management level with proven leadership results to develop and deploy strategic and tactical plans
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and ability to manage budgets and achieving success in attracting resources through fundraising efforts
- Proven ability to foster collaborative efforts by building partnerships with national and/or international institutions
- Proven ability to develop academic programs in compliance with accreditation agencies
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills in English and presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to increase the diversity of faculty, staff and students through recruitment, retention and development of talented individuals