Assistant Facilities Manager
The Assistant Facilities Manager is responsible to the Deputy Bursar for the day-to-day work tasks related to the physical plant and all other related support services including IT, audio, and musical equipment and management of facilities. This position supports one of the core general office administration activities of the College and required he individual to have excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, currency of knowledge in musical instruments and audio equipment, building maintenance and to be meticulous, time sensitive and proactive to the changing needs of the College. The Assistant Facilities Manager shall work closely with all department heads within the College and also with students to ensure proper quality procedures are complied within the ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Manage and direct the maintenance and repair of Wisma ICOM including related vendors for lift, A/C, cleaning, and fire-fighting.
- Maintenance of the grounds at Wisma ICOM including landscape and storage facilities.
- Promt reporting of faults and rectification works on building.
- Manage and direct the security service at Wisma ICOM to ensure that the safety of staff, students, and visitors.
- Implement policies that govern the code of practice and any other proper directive from Management.
- Organize safety talks and fire drill exercises as a preventive action.
- Develop administration policies and procedures related to all facilities offered by the college to staff, students, and clients.
- Manage and maintain the College’s musical instruments, audio/video production equipment and computers including its network.
- Supervise students employed to manage the facilities.
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced / Higher / Graduate Diploma in any field.
- Possess IT skills, building and facilities management, communication skills, leadership and management.
- Knowledge in audio technology, musical instruments, building maintenance and security.
- At least 5 year (s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Preferably Senior Executives specializing in Maintenance / Repair (Facilities & Machinery) or equivalent
- Required languages: Bahasa Malaysia & English
- Full time positions available.
- The nature of the job involves the Assistant Facilities Manager to be on hand during all and any emergency related to the scope herein. This position requires the candidate to consent for security background verification with related authorities prior to starting work.
Interested candidate are invited to email/write-in with full resume including photocopies of certificates, recent photograph, 2 reference letter and expected salary to:
International College of Music
Wisma ICOM, Lot 126, Section 85A, Lorong Setapak
Off Jalan Pahang, 53000 Kuala Lumpur